Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Wedding Cupcake Skewers

After entering the cupcake skewer contest at Pizzazerie I felt totally bitten by the mini cupcake skewer bug, so I was super excited when a few girls at my office requested some for a bridal shower they were throwing! These sweet little bite-size treats are so perfect for parties - literally pop them in your mouth and you're in heaven! No forks needed!

The bride-to-be's wedding colors are dark purple and silver, so I used those colors for the sprinkles and mini fondant flower on top, along with white buttercream frosting to make two-tiered mini wedding cakes.  Each mini-cake was perched on top of skewers, tied with mini purple & gray ribbon. I LOVE how they came out!




The bases holding the cupcake skewers were homemade by me and really easy to make.  They are little floral foam squares, wrapped up in silvery gray posterboard, each adorned with a gorgeous purple scrapbooking flower (all purchased at AC Moore).


Honestly, the toughest part of cupcake skewers is transporting them!! I ended up putting all the ribbons on the skewers two nights ago, decorating the cupcakes last night and carried them (on NYC transit - SCARY!) into work in tupperware - I didn't put those little guys on the skewers until it was time to set up the party! :) I definitely think it was a wise choice!


Wishing the bride-to-be all the best - what a fun send off from her co-workers to her wedding this coming weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails