Thursday, January 20, 2011
Heart Shaped Valentine Smore's (Tutorial #1)
Tonight, I tested out a few ways of making them and have a tutorial listed below. They are SUPER easy to make!
I put my favorite one (see picture above) on a lollipop stick (I feel turning any dessert into a pop makes it even more special!) but you can make them any way you please to fit the occasion you're making them for. Whether you line them up on a fancy dessert table or whether you place a few in your child's lunchbox to send a little lunchtime love, this sweet treat will make anyone's day!
1) Gather your supplies! You'll need graham crackers, marshmallows (or marshmallow fluff), melting chocolate and a heart shaped cookie cutter. Optional: lollipop sticks and sprinkles!
2) Take 2 square graham crackers and microwave them for 35 seconds - they should come out slightly softened.
3) Use your heart shaped cutter to gently cut out a heart from each square. (Save excess to grind into crumbs and use for dusting over melted chocolate, to put as a topping on ice cream or save for a pie or cheesecake crust!)
Already, they look so cute!
4) Place a few mini marshmallows on one graham cracker heart and microwave for 10-15 seconds.
My original plan was to use marshmallow Fluff and pipe it onto the graham cracker but I didn't have any on hand. Melting these mini's worked just perfectly!
5) Place the second piece of graham cracker on top of the melted marshmallows (yummm) and SQUISH down till you see all that yummy marshmallow goodness ooze out the sides...
For a neater look (especially if you plan to fully dip the smore, cut off the excess marshmallow (don't feel guilty about eating it as you cut it off!) :)
From here you can decorate as you wish! I started out with a little chocolate drizzle:
Next I tried a little half-dipped action:
Finally, I popped the smore on a lollipop stick!
I went all out Valentine's Day and melted some red and white chocolate together to make a light pink and dipped away! Some red and white sprinkles added a little extra color to it....and the taste??? Let's just say...I'd check this off as a Heavenly Bite!!!!!!!
I hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial - it's the first of what I'd like to be many this yeaR! I'd love to hear if you make these little treats for your upcoming Valentine's celebration - send pictures too and I'll post them! Thanks so much for stopping by!