Monday, March 1, 2010

A Story (or two) Behind this Cake!

I was asked to make a baby shower for a Children's Literature theme baby shower...they asked that I include The Cat in the Hat, Curious George, Peter Rabbit and The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I launched a Google image search for all those characters and thumbed through my twin boys book collection and was instantly transported back to my own childhood!! I took iconic images from each story as my inspiration and used those to come up with this cake.

Each main character was hand-sculpted out of fondant and each scene that they are placed in was handpainted onto the cake behind them...I really can't decide which one is my favorite! They were all fun to make!!






The top and bottom tiers of the cake were devils food cake with white chocolate mousse filling and white chocolate buttercream frosting.  The middle tier was yellow cake with chocolate ganache filling and frosting.
YUM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails