Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Happy St. Patty's Day to you all! In the spirit of the holiday, I made Irish Car Bomb mini cupcakes last night - Guinness Stout cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream frosting!! I was going to make Jameson Irish whiskey chocolate ganache to put in the center, but 1) I'm not a huge whiskey fan and 2) I was getting tired! :)

Two yummy cupcakes!

I was reading Bakelab's blog post about Car Bomb Cake Balls (which also sound amazing!) and decided I wanted to make them in mini-cupcake form.  I researched a few different recipes and finally found the one I wanted to try - yes, it uses a cake mix, but seeing as how I'd be making these at 9pm after the kiddies went to bed and I ran out to the store for the ingredients, I was cool with that! :) 

So the final recipe I chose was from the Chew on That blog (click on the link to see the recipe) - this recipe includes the info on how to make the Jameson's Chocolate Ganache for the cupcake filling, which really does sound heavenly!!

The only change I might make to the recipe would be to add a liiiiiitle more Guinness to the batter - I'm not quite getting that little kick I was expecting...but the cake itself is moist, delicious and definitely not as sweet as a normal chocolate cupcake.  It's delicious with the Bailey's mixed into the frosting - I'm in LOVE with this new flavor!! :)

Here are some pics - they're not very "design-y", but they're delish!!!


Cute St. Patrick's Day Shamrock wrappers purchased at Michaels last night!

Moist and delicious!!

Let me know if you try to make these - I'd love to hear and see how yours come out! Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails