Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yankee Hat Grooms Cake

A sweet bride, Kati, ordered this Yankee themed grooms cake for her now-husband Tom to be served at their wedding reception as a surprise! So sweet! The hat and bat were both red velvet cake with vanilla frosting, sculpted and covered with fondant. The bat was hand-painted to get the wood-grain effect...such a fun cake to work on!


I was so excited with this cake, as it was my first attempt at a baseball hat cake. My husband gave me the best complement when he told me that when he opened the fridge that morning, for a few seconds he wondered why his Yankee hat was in there! YES!! Thanks dawl! ;) 



The cake was delivered to David's Country Inn in Hackettstown, NJ.  All the best to you Tom & Kati - so excited for you guys!

2 comments:

  1. WOW. Love your NY Giants & Yankees cakes - my hub's favorite teams. (We live in NY.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much!! Yankees are our fave too - the games have been so nerve-wracking lately! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails