Friday, June 17, 2011

Come Sail Away!

This cake was made back in March, but I saved it for a summer posting because I thought it was such an adorable theme for any summer party! This was for a nautical themed birthday party and was SUCH a blast to make!!


I LOVE the colors on this cake - so bright and summery! I really liked putting different designs around the base of each tier - I felt that the waves, the circles (sort of like portholes!) and the rope added more flair to the cake without making it seem overly decorated!


What do you think!? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Hoping sweet Brandon had an amazing 1st birthday party and that he's getting the chance to get out on the open sea now that it's finally summer! :) Happy sailing!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails