Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mod Butterfly 3rd Birthday Cake

It's been awhile since I've dusted off the old blog, but today's adorable Mod Butterfly themed 3rd birthday cake was so fun to make, it gave me the inspiration to brighten up this space with this new cake! :)


Lily's mom chose the most adorable butterfly themed party goods, so the cake design was inspired by the bright colors and butterfly graphics!  Here is a glimpse of the party plates from Beaucoup.com!


We decided on a cake design incorporating all the bright stripes and dots and the cute little butterfly as a main focal point.


I incorporated Lily's name and age on the other two tiers and tied the design together with stripes on the top tier and cute little butterflies dotting the cake.




For a party favor, I made butterfly shaped cookies to match the cake - so fun!

Delivering the cake this morning was great! I got to meeting the birthday girl and she was such a cutie pie and was so friendly saying hello to me and my boys who accompanied me on the delivery!

Wishing Lily a very Happy 3rd Birthday party and a wonderful year ahead!


Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails