Thursday, January 27, 2011

On a Personal Note: Baking with my Loves

I haven't posted in awhile - the holidays kept me super busy with awesome family gatherings, work events and CAKES of course! :) I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and are gearing up for the next few months of winter until lovely spring arrives!

All of the holiday gatherings and cake orders in December gave me ample time to have some fun in the kitchen with my two little cuties! They love setting up their kids table, each getting their own giant mixing bowl and a whisk, a little water in the bowl and there's a nice solid half hour and splashing and mixing and minimal cleanup at the end! :) Ummm, actually it's really helpful for cleaning the kitchen floor - haha!


No matter where they are in the house, they always snap to attention when the oven timer goes off, making sure I know the cake is done (I know they think they might be getting a piece!)  I love that special time with them in the kitchen - they crack me up with their antics, their smiles and laughter...the makings of the best kind of memories!

And BOY do they love playing with water from the faucet...the could spend hours there if I'd let them!


Since we're having a bit of a snow day today here in NYC, I'm thinking it might be a cookie baking day when they wake up from their nap! :) Happy Baking and Memory Making everyone!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails