Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Happy Birthday to my mom!!

This cake was made for my mom who turned 60 on July 6th.  She's such an amazing person and has been such a fantastic mom - I can only hope to be as great a mom as she has been to me, my brother and sister!! 

She's spent the last 20-ish years working in the newspaper business as an Art Director (first for the Staten Island Advance and then for the Wall Street Journal).  She retired from the Wall Street Journal at the end of June and on her birthday she started her own blog called "The Daily Suse" where she shares fabulous ideas for decorating, traveling, books, history, and sweet and simple arts and crafts projects that could be used for gifts or even for your own use! It's updated every day, so there's always something new to learn!

Any slight bit of creativity I have comes from my mom and all the fun arts and crafts projects we did growing up, and I'm so grateful! :) So for her 60th, I was so excited to make her this cake:




















The top tier was vanilla cake, with lemon curd filling and vanilla buttercream (my mom's favorite!).  The bottom tier was chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream filling and frosting.  The decorations on the cake are a Wall Street Journal newspaper and her Mac computer, highlighting her new blog!!

Happy Birthday Mom!! I love you and thank you for everything you've done for me and all you've taught me - you are the best!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails