Thursday, June 24, 2010

Decades and Yankees

Last weekend at Heavenly Bites Cakes I had four cakes due - one was Yankee's themed and the other three were Decades themed.

The first one up was a Yankee themed birthday cake for 7 year old Jason, who is a huge Yankee fan! He was having a Yankee themed party at City Sports in Englewood, NJ.  The cake was covered in white fondant and decorated with navy blue pinstripes...there was a gray circle on top representing the colors of their "away" uniforms. On top of that was a baseball, a bat, a mitt and standing up on top of it all was a navy blue Yankee jersey with Jason's name across the top and the #7 as his jersey number. Unbelievably, I did not take a picture of this cake...I couldn't believe it!  I realized it after I got back in the car after dropping it off. I was so mad at myself for that! Hopefully I'll be able to get a picture from Jason's mom!

Next up was a decades themed block party in Maplewood, NJ. Four people from the neighborhood were celebrating milestone birthdays - 2 people were born in 1970 and were turning 40, 1 person was born in 1960 and was turning 50 and 1 person was born in 1950, turning 60! What a fun way to celebrate!

The cakes that were ordered had fondant figures of the birthday folks, dressed in attire from the decade in which they were born...and the cakes were decorated to represent the decade using historical references. Here they are!

1950
1960

1970


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails