Thursday, May 27, 2010

Crazy and Exciting Times!

It's been a crazy but exciting month for Heavenly Bites Cakes! May has by far been my busiest month with cakes, cupcakes and cookies galore! Every project is so fun and tests my abilities at a new and different level...I just love it!! :)  I believe I have already exceeded the amount of orders I filled all last year and it's only May! Thank you to all my wonderful clients, especially my repeat clients - I'd be nowhere without you!

Since my last blog post, I've filled 7 orders! 30th Birthday Guinness Cupcakes, a double celebration birthday cake, a christening cake, a Shrek grooms cake, bridal shower high heel cookies, a college graduation party and christening mini-cakes with angel toppers.   Here are pictures and descriptions of all!

30th Birthday Guinness Car Bomb Cupcakes
These cupcakes were not only Guinness themed, but also had Guinness extra stout in the batter, as well as Bailey's Irish Cream in the frosting!

Double Celebration Birthday Cake
This cake was ordered by Marisa - one of my very first and fabulous clients! She ordered it for her Grandma's 85th and her Uncle's birthdays!  The cake was one tier of vanilla cake and vanilla buttercream filling and frosting and a second tier of chocolate cake with chocolate pudding filling and vanilla buttercream.  The flowers and banners were made of fondant.  I don't normally do buttercream-only cakes, so I was very pleased with how this one came out!! I know it's no Sylvia Weinstock, but I liked it! :)

Georgia's Christening Cake
I was thrilled to do the cake for my college roomate's daughter Georgia's christening - the cake was one tier of vanilla cake and one tier chocolate cake. Both tiers had chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream.  Decorations were made with fondant.  Again a buttercream-only cake, which was a challenge to make smooth, but so much fun to work on!

Shrek Grooms Cake
When I got the request for a Shrek grooms cake from a sweet bride-to-be for their upcoming rehearsal dinner, I couldn't help but wonder what the story was behind that! Luckily, one of my co-workers was in the bridal party and she gave me the low-down! Apparently, the groom is a big cuddly guy, (just like Shrek) and his friends all call him Shrek! Love the idea - such fun! I am sure the groom was so excited that his bride thought of this very special touch! The cake was carrot cake with walnuts mixed in and was filled and frosted with cream cheese frosting.

High Heel Bridal Shower Sugar Cookies
These high-heeled sugar cookies were ordered by the bride-to-be - she had seen the idea and loved it so she ordered them as favors for her bridal shower!  The sugar cookies were made with a high heel cookie cutter and frosted with royal icing!

College Graduation Cupcakes

These cupcakes were made for my cousin's graduation from St. John's University in NY - Go Kristin! :)  The cupcakes were red velvet with cream cheese frosting and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting.  This is the first time I melted the frosting and dipped the cupcakes, which gives them this smooth and shiny look - I LOVE it!!

Christening Angel Mini-Cakes
It was too hard to choose between the cute little angels on top of these cakes, so I had to include 3 pictures here! :) Each mini-cake was made to serve 2 people and were made in the following flavors: red velvet, vanilla & chocolate. The mom who ordered them came up with the fabulous idea of making the hair of the angels on top of the cakes match the flavor inside! Red-head = Red Velvet, Blonde = Vanilla,
Brunette = Chocolate...umm how creative is that?!?!?! Awesome idea!

Phew! What a crazy couple of weeks! So much fun to make all of these goodies and even more fun to be able to post the pictures of the final products!!  Hope you've all enjoyed!

Coming up in June...a monkey 1st birthday cake, a beach birthday cake, a Thomas the Tank Engine cake (ummm, gotta be sure to keep my little sweets bandits away from that one in the fridge!! haha!), A Rockabilly wedding cupcake tower, a monster cake, an Ohio State cake, a Washington Redskins cake and a super-secret baby shower cake (cannot be revealed until it's made and delivered!)!! Woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails